Biography: I'm an Assistant Professor in Department of
Convergence Security Engineering (CSE) at Sungshin Women's University.
I recieved a Ph.D. from the Graduate School of information Security at KAIST in 2019 (Advisor: Prof. Dongsu Han). My research interests are system security and network security, in particular, trusted computing and designing secure systems in cloud platforms, operating systems, or network applications.
Students who are interested in system or security research are welcome to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sara Hong
- (학석사 연계과정) Hyeon No, Heekyung Shin, Yeeun Kim, Jiwon Ock, Jiwon Jang (co-advisor: Daehee Jang)
- Dark Web: Daeun Kim, Yuji Park, Yejin Do, Sangyeon Han
- Trusted Execution Environment: Jiwoo Kang
- Edge Cloud Security: Jieun Lee
- "Secure and Privacy-Preserving Multi-Tenancy for 5G Network Services and Edge Cloud", funded by National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF), Mar. 2021 – Feb. 2024. (PI)
- "Training R&D professionals to protect industrial technology based on the 4th industrial revolution", funded by Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE), Mar. 2021 - Feb, 2024.
An Optimization Methodology for Adapting Legacy SGX Applications to Use Switchless Calls [PDF]
MDPI Applied Sciences, Vol.11, No.18, pp.8379, 2021.
A Secure Middlebox Framework for Enabling Visibility Over Multiple Encryption Protocols [PDF]
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol.28, No.6, pp.2727-2740, 2020.
Sgx-tor: A secure and practical tor anonymity network with sgx enclaves [PDF]
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol.26, No.5, pp.2174-2187, 2018.
MN-MATE: Elastic Resource Management of Manycores and a Hybrid Memory Hierarchy for a Cloud Node [PDF]
ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems, Vol.12, No.1, pp.1-25, 2015.
Publications (Conference & Workshop)
Fairness Audit of Machine Learning Models with Confidential Computing (To appear)
The ACM Web Conference 2022 (WWW'22)
Toward Scaling Hardware Security Module for Emerging Cloud Services [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on System Software for Trusted Execution (SysTEX'19)
APPx: An Automated App Acceleration Framework for Low Latency Mobile App [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT'18)
SGX-Box: Enhancing Visibility on Encrypted Traffic using a Secure Middlebox Module [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 1st Asia-Pacific Workshop on Networking (APNet'17)
Enhancing Security and Privacy of Tor's Ecosystem by using Trusted Execution Environments [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 14th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI'17)
SGX-Shield: Enabling Address Space Layout Randomization for SGX Programs [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 24th Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS'17)
OpenSGX: An Open Platform for SGX Research [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS'16)
A First Step Towards Leveraging Commodity Trusted Execution Environments for Network Applications [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 14th ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (ACM HotNets'15)
MemScope: Analyzing memory Duplication on Android Systems [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 6th ACM Asia-Pacific Workshop on Systems (ACM APSys'15)
OPAMP: Evaluation Framework for Optimal Page Allocation of Hybrid main Memory Architecture [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (IEEE ICPADS'12)
Adaptive Page Grouping for Engery Efficiency in Hybrid PRAM-DRAM Main Memory [PDF]
In Proceedings of the 2012 ACM Research in Applied Computation Symposium (ACM RACS'12)
- LB003800 Introduction to Convergence Security (Spring 2021, 2022)
- LC001800 Java Programming (Spring 2021, 2022)
- LB001700 System Security (Fall 2020, Spring 2021, 2022)
- LB002700 Hacking Laboratory 2 (Fall 2020)
- LB002400 Information Security Consulting (Fall 2020, 2021)
- LB002800 Digital Forensic Exercise (Fall 2021)
- 290508 Cyber Forensics (Spring 2021)